I’ve been cooped up in the house for two days now. Snow days. Actually, it’s mostly ice. Everything under the sun is coated with thick ice. Instead of cleaning off my car (and so I can get out & exercise) I’m about to take a walk to the postbox and library. Because I’ve been indoors for two days straight!
I bet you think I’ve been incredibly productive in my gift of time, ‘eh? Absolutely not. I’m kicking myself now, have lots of projects and things to do… although yesterday I did do several loads of laundry (and FOLDED them too!)
sorry this isn’t a more thought provoking post. I have a lot of thoughts in my head, but at the moment this is all you get :)
Have a good afternoon, morning, evening, sleep, whenever you are on this fine hour.
p.s. please stop by for a comment and a cup of tea – visitors are always welcome :)
I’m not proud about how I chose to spend a significant portion of my weekend. But I must say Dexter is an intriguing, dark, twisty, well written show… with an overall good story (albeit amoral).
Yes, I watched the entire first season on dvd this weekend. Actually, I watched the majority of it today. It was a pajama day. Didn’t accomplish much productive – after posting this blog, I plan to so a few things so I don’t feel like a complete waste of space.
It’s not for the squeamish… and I watched it with my bright lights on the whole time.
p.s. #2 for google.com search “Steve Merideth, Evil Overlord” Hello & I hope you found the Condescending Phrases very Useful! ;)
My *computer* is dying. I cannot see the items on my ‘desktop’ (but can access them via Start menu). I've backed up almost everything, but am not looking forward to the day when it stops altogether… it’s 4.5 years old… and for the past year I've had to have the ‘driver disc’ in the computer for it to start. Any computer geeks out there who can tell me what’s wrong? I plan on wiping everything out and starting fresh in a few weeks – just need to backup passwords/websites/picture files, etc.
Anyway, this is why I started doing my taxes *early* (ours are due the 15th of April). And now I have about 9 questions for the IRS (internal revenue service), so I'll need to phone them… and my desire to make that call about is as strong as my need for another hole in my head.
I went to church this morning. The pastor was skilled and inspired, as usual. Which was inspiring, and he equipped me with new skills (as pastors should). I intend to join one of their community groups (bible study/discipleship group – whatever you want to call it) which will *also* facilitate in the ‘meeting of people’ genre of my life.
Took an opportunity to see a movie with people I’ve never met before – I was planning to go on my own, and heard about some people going… so I went too! They were nice, and I look forward to doing it again. Much more fun to go with people you don’t know than by yourself (although, going to movies alone is fun too – yet people look at you funny when you discuss the high and low movie points with yourself after the film… they must have underdeveloped imaginations or something)
We had about 10 inches of snow on Friday, so rain got a snow day :D (this made her extra happy) …and she was completely unproductive the entire day. Which was marvelous.
I’ve come to the realization that I cannot meet people unless I’m out there meeting people. I cannot make friends unless I put forth the effort and put myself in the situations in order to do so. I cannot make a change if I continue with the same behavior.
Therefore, I have filled my calendar with opportunities to meet new people. Now, this will take a great deal of emotional energy. And I’m giving myself permission to change my mind…but not without a 16 hour advanced notice. (so I can’t chicken-out at the last minute)
Can you tell I like to play head games with myself? I think that’s why I enjoy long-distance driving… I play mind games the entire trip (predicting other drivers’ behavior, challenging myself, maneuvering my car in traffic… well, it’s much more interesting in my head than when I write it out here… rats.) Ah, well – hopefully you get the idea…
I thought you might like to see some useful phrases to use as an Evil Overlord as given by Steve Meredith. These humorous cuts were originally listed as useful phrases to use around work but they probably *only* work well if you are a Evil Overlord(TM).
(and if you’re not an Evil Overlord, but have a dark sense of humor, these will be entertaining and potentially useful as well… I plan to hang a copy above my desk for quick reference)
1. Thank you. We’re all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
2. The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean you’re an artist.
3. I don’t know what your problem is, but I’ll bet it’s hard to pronounce.
4. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
5. I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don’t care.
6. I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.
7. What am I? Flypaper for freaks!?
8. I’m not being rude. You’re just insignificant.
9. I’m already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
10. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
11. It’s a thankless job, but I’ve got a lot of Karma to burn off.
12. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
13. No, my powers can only be used for good.
14. How about never? Is never good for you?
15. I’m really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.
16. You sound reasonable…Time to up my medication.
17. I’ll try being nicer if you’ll try being smarter.
18. I’m out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message…
19. I don’t work here. I’m a consultant.
20. Who me? I just wander from room to room.
21. My toys! My toys! I can’t do this job without my toys!
22. It might look like I’m doing nothing, but at the cellular level I’m really quite busy.
23. At least I have a positive attitude about my destructive habits.
24. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
25. I see you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
26. Someday, we’ll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.